Throughout the week, I read a lot of blog-posts, articles, etc., that has to do with things that interest me
- data science
- data in general
- distributed computing
- SQL Server
- transactions (both db as well as non db)
- and other “stuff”
This is the “roundup” of the posts that has been most interesting to me, for the week just gone by.
This week I have very little to post, mainly due to me being out of the country, and not having been able to read as much as I would have liked.
I do however have a bonus this week, I finally finished Internals - XI!!
- RyuJIT Just-in-Time Compiler Optimization Enhancements. A post about changes to extend the optimization capabilities of RyuJIT, the MSIL-to-native code generator used by .NET Core and .NET Framework. This looks very cool, but I am not sure in which release(s) this is available.
- Announcing the .NET Framework 4.7.1. As the title says; this post is about the release of .NET Framework 4.7.1. Having had a quick look through the changes, what is interesting to me are the improvements in GC.
- Predicting Flight Arrivals with the Apache Kafka Streams API. This very interesting post covers how you ca use Kafka Stream API’s to do predictive machine learning.
- 1 Million predictions/sec with Machine Learning Server web service. This blog-post, demonstrates how you can score > 1 million predictions per second with the real-time web-services from Microsoft Machine Learning Server Operationalization. Very, very interesting!!
SQL Server R Services
Quick - “look out the window, was that a pig flying by”? Ah, no it was Internals - XI in the SQL Server 2016 R Services series being published!!
- Microsoft SQL Server R Services - Internals XI. Yeah, it took quite a while to get Internals - XI out there, almost as rare as a flying pig. Anyway, in this episode I look at what some of the packets are, being sent from SQL Server to the SqlSatellite, and what causes them to be sent.
That’s all for this week. I hope you enjoy what I did put together. If you have ideas for what to cover, please comment on this post or ping me.