Throughout the week, I read a lot of blog-posts, articles, etc., that has to do with things that interest me
- data science
- data in general
- distributed computing
- SQL Server
- transactions (both db as well as non db)
- and other “stuff”
This is the “roundup” of the posts that has been most interesting to me, for the week just gone by.
- PASS Summit 2017 – a personal angle. Where Ewald goes to Seattle to attend PASS 2017. A personal take on the summit, prior to its opening. Entertaining as ever!!
- In-Memory OLTP Indexes. The first post in a series about in memory indexes in SQL Server.
- CockroachDB. I don’t know about the name, but the technology looks very, very interesting.
- Modernize existing .NET apps with Windows Containers and Azure. Basically a “plug” for a free e-book. However as the topic is of interest to me, I decided to include it. Plus, the comments are interesting.
- Apache Kafka Goes 1.0. Yay!! Apache Kafka has reached the 1.0 milestone. This blog-post talks about that, but also all the new improvements in Apache Kafka 1.0.
- Sentiment analysis with Python in SQL Server Machine Learning Services. This blog post, shows two different ways to implement sentiment analysis in SQL Server using Python and Machine Learning Services. Very cool!!
- Why Probability Theory Should be Thrown Under the Bus. A blog-post discussing the downside of probability theory. Really, really interesting and thought provoking!
SQL Server R Services
- Microsoft SQL Server R Services - Internals XII. I managed to get Internals - XII out this week. It covers what routines sends the packets from SQL Server to the SqlSatellite, and what are some of those packets.
That’s all for this week. I hope you enjoy what I did put together. If you have ideas for what to cover, please comment on this post or ping me.