Throughout the week, I read a lot of blog-posts, articles, and so forth, that has to do with things that interest me:
- data science
- data in general
- distributed computing
- SQL Server
- transactions (both db as well as non db)
- and other “stuff”
This blog-post is the “roundup” of the things that have been most interesting to me, for the week just ending.
- Introducing .NET for Apache® Spark™ Preview. What the title says! Microsoft has released a preview of .NET that you can use together with Apache Spark. It is built on the Spark interop layer, designed to provide high-performance bindings to multiple languages. Being able to write C# code for Spark is so awesome; hopefully, we can soon use it in Notebooks as well.
- Why Kubernetes is a Great Choice for Data Scientists. This is an interesting post discussing how Kubernetes can be used in a data science world.
- Reliable Microservices Data Exchange With the Outbox Pattern. At work we have started looking at Debezium as a way to get data from the database into other systems, and while I was investigating this, I came across the linked blog-post. If you are interested in how to turn your databases into event stream sources, then this post is a must read!
SQL Server 2019
- SQL Server 2019 preview release notes. Earlier this week, Microsoft released SQL Server 2019 preview CTP 2.5. Some very cool new features! Go and get it!
That’s all for this week. I hope you enjoy what I did put together. If you have ideas for what to cover, please comment on this post or ping me.