Throughout the week, I read a lot of blog-posts, articles, and so forth, that has to do with things that interest me:
- data science
- data in general
- distributed computing
- SQL Server
- transactions (both db as well as non db)
- and other “stuff”
This blog-post is the “roundup” of the things that have been most interesting to me, for the week just ending.
- Implementation patterns for big data and data warehouse on Azure. A blog post which lists some patterns and tools for big data as well as data warehouses in the Azure world. When I read it, I was surprised to see no mention of Azure Data Lake in the different patterns. I wrote a comment and asked about it, and received the answer that Azure Data Lake was a possibility instead of Azure Blob Store.
- Full Stream Ahead! dA Platform is Generally Available and Ready for Download. This blog post announces the general availability of the dA Platform from dataArtisans. This is very exciting news, and I am so eager to test it out.
- Anna: A KVS for any scale. A dissection, done by Adrian of a white-paper about a new key-value store system: Anna. Anna is a partitioned and multi-mastered system, which achieves high performance and elasticity via wait-free execution and coordination-free consistency. Very exciting stuff!
Data Science & AI
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for the SWE. An InfoQ presentation by Rob Harrop where he describes his journey from traditional Software Engineer to AI/ML Engineer, and his experience building a development team with ML as the foundation.
- Introduction to the Microsoft AI Platform. An excellent video series by Buck Woody, where he covers the Microsoft Artificial Intelligence suite of tools and services. This is a must watch!
That’s all for this week. I hope you enjoy what I did put together. If you have ideas for what to cover, please comment on this post or ping me.
comments powered by Disqus