Throughout the week, I read a lot of blog-posts, articles, and so forth, that has to do with things that interest me:
- data science
- data in general
- distributed computing
- SQL Server
- transactions (both db as well as non db)
- and other “stuff”
This blog-post is the “roundup” of the things that have been most interesting to me, for the week just ending.
- Building Modern Cloud Applications using Pulumi and .NET Core. As you probably know, Pulumi is an open source infrastructure as code tool which makes it easy to create, deploy, and manage cloud applications, using your favorite development languages. The post I link to announces .NET Core support for Pulumi.
Data Science / Machine Learning
- Azure AI and Machine Learning talk series. This is a post by David, where lists the talks he and his team did at Microsoft Ignite. These talks are also presented worldwide at Microsoft Ignite The Tour during the next six months.
SQL Server 2019 Big Data Cluster
- Build an intelligent analytics platform with SQL Server 2019 Big Data Clusters. This post gives a high-level view of one can create a powerful analytics platform on top of SQL Server 2019 Big Data Cluster.
Microsoft Ignite The Tour
Microsoft Ignite The Tour Johannesburg. I mentioned Microsoft Ignite the Tour above, and this is for my readers in South Africa. Microsoft Ignite the Tour visits Johannesburg, January 30 - 31, 2020, so register now to not miss out on the latest in cloud technologies and developer tools. Oh, and by the way, I deliver three talks in Johannesburg:
- A Lap Around SQL Server Big Data Cluster.
- Improve Customer Lifetime Value using Azure Databricks & Delta Lake.
- Simplify and Scale Your Data Pipelines with Azure Delta Lake.
So register now, and come and say Hi!
That’s all for this week. I hope you enjoy what I did put together. If you have ideas for what to cover, please comment on this post or ping me.
comments powered by Disqus