Throughout the week, I read a lot of blog-posts, articles, and so forth, that has to do with things that interest me:
- data science
- data in general
- distributed computing
- SQL Server
- transactions (both db as well as non db)
- and other “stuff”
This blog-post is the “roundup” of the things that have been most interesting to me, for the week just ending.
- Post-REST. A very interesting post by [Tim Bray] where he looks at What Comes after REST/how REST will evolve. Very interesting!
- Using Apache Kafka to Drive Cutting-Edge Machine Learning. A very, very “cool” post, discussing how Kafka and Machine Learning fits together.
Data Science / AI
- Dean of Big Data Driving the Snakes of Data Science Out of Ireland. Well, I don’t know about “St. Paddy” and snakes in Ireland, but this post tries to do away with some Data Science myths (get rid of the snakes). Really worth reading!
- MLflow v0.8.0 Features Improved Experiment UI and Deployment Tools. A week or so ago, databricks released MLFlow 0.8.0. This blog post describes a couple of new features in that release.
WIND (What Is Niels Doing)
After I published the SQL Server 2019 Big Data Cluster on Azure Kubernetes Service post, I went back and started to look at the new Java functionality in SQL Server 2019. There is a post forthcoming shortly (the famous last words).
That’s all for this week. I hope you enjoy what I did put together. If you have ideas for what to cover, please comment on this post or ping me.
comments powered by Disqus