Throughout the week, I read a lot of blog-posts, articles, and so forth, that has to do with things that interest me:
- data science
- data in general
- distributed computing
- SQL Server
- transactions (both db as well as non db)
- and other “stuff”
This blog-post is the “roundup” of the things that have been most interesting to me, for the week just ending.
- 50 days from zero to hero with Kubernetes. If you want to get to know Kubernetes this guide is for you! It will help you to get to know the basics of Kubernetes, and you also get hands-on experience with its various components, capabilities, and solutions.
- Go Creeping In. In this post, Tim Bray, discusses the Go language, and some of its features. Very interesting!
- The Evolving Infrastructure of .NET Core. This blog post gives an interesting insight into the infrastructure history behind .NET Core.
- Managing Streaming And Queryable State In Spark, Akka Streams, Kafka Streams, And Flink. This post takes a look at the built-in support for state management and queryable state, when available, or how they can be implemented in Apache Spark, Apache Flink, Kafka Streams, and Akka Streams.
- Kafka Topics: Pitfalls and Insights. In this post, there are quite a few useful insights about Kafka topics. If you use Kafka in production, you should read this post.
- Simplifying Streaming Stock Analysis using Delta Lake and Apache Spark. A blog post further expanding on a webinar on how to build streaming systems to analyze stock data in real-time, by using Databricks Delta Lake and Apache Spark.
- Confluent Platform & Kafka for a .NET Developer on Windows. This is a blog post by yours truly, where I look at how to run Confluent Kafka in Docker on a Windows machine and how we write .NET Code against it.
That’s all for this week. I hope you enjoy what I did put together. If you have ideas for what to cover, please comment on this post or ping me.
comments powered by Disqus