Throughout the week, I read a lot of blog-posts, articles, and so forth, that has to do with things that interest me:
- data science
- data in general
- distributed computing
- SQL Server
- transactions (both db as well as non db)
- and other “stuff”
This blog-post is the “roundup” of the things that have been most interesting to me, for the week just ending.
- HTTP-Based Contract Testing @ Gamesys. This is an interesting post discussing Contract Testing. Contract testing is testing between disparate, heterogenous components that interact via some binding interface. The interface is defined by a contract which defines the inputs and outputs between the components that are tested.
- Top 5 Reasons to Convert Your Cloud Data Lake to a Delta Lake. Databricks Delta Lake is an open-source storage layer that brings reliability to data lakes. The post linked to here discusses the benefits of using a Delta Lake on top of your data lake.
- Continuous Kubernetes blue-green deployments on Azure using Nginx, AppGateway or TrafficManager — part 2. This is the second part of a series of posts around advanced deployment processes. In this post, the author takes us through how to do blue-green deployments using Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS). Very interesting!
- Zero-Downtime Kubernetes Deployments. This post from one of Derivco’s “competitors”, discusses how they do zero-downtime deployments. It is always interesting seeing how competitors are doing things!
- How to Make the Most of Kafka Summit Virtually. The, (virtual), Kafka Summit 2020, starts on Monday, (August 24). This post discusses how you - as an attendee - can get the most out of the conference. I will definitely be attending, and I hope I’ll see you there!
- Testing Kafka Streams – A Deep Dive. This awesome post looks at how to do automated Kafka Streams testing; what tools to use and some of the problems you can run into. As I said, it is an awesome post - and I will make sure that the developers in my team dealing with Kafka Streams read the post. Yes, I am looking at you Stevo, and at you Reinhardt!
WIND (What Is Niels Doing)
One of the largest data platform conferences takes place, (virtually), beginning of December this year: DATA PLATFORM VIRTUAL SUMMIT 2020, and the cool things is:
Figure 1: SQL Server & Kafka
Yes, I am speaking at the conference! My topic is about, as you can see in Figure 1, the various ways we can stream data from SQL Server to Apache Kafka.
The conference has world class-speakers, (and me), so hurry up and register!
That’s all for this week. I hope you enjoy what I did put together. If you have ideas for what to cover, please comment on this post or ping me.
comments powered by Disqus