Throughout the week, I read a lot of blog-posts, articles, and so forth, that has to do with things that interest me:
- data science
- data in general
- distributed computing
- SQL Server
- transactions (both db as well as non db)
- and other “stuff”
This blog-post is the “roundup” of the things that have been most interesting to me, for the week just ending.
- What is Azure SQL Edge | Data Exposed. This is part one of a three-part video series about Azure SQL Edge. In this part, we get an introduction to Azure SQL Edge and its features.
- Enabling Spark SQL DDL and DML in Delta Lake on Apache Spark 3.0. This post, and video, discuss some of the cool new features in Delta Lake 0.7.0. There are quite a lot of new exciting things in that release!
- Best of Kafka Summit 2020 Roundup. So, The Kafka Summit took place August 24 - 25, (virtually), and I managed to attend quite a few sessions. The post linked to here lists some of the “must-see” sessions. For me, the best session was the keynote the second day by Jay Kreps and Sam Newman. It was awesome!
- Streaming SQL Cheat Sheet for Apache Kafka. As the title says, link to a cheat sheet for ksqlDB syntax. I have downloaded the cheat sheet and have it on my desktop so that I can access it easy!
- Mastering Kafka Streams and ksqlDB. The book in the post linked to here promises to be the “go-to” book for anything KStreams/ksqlDB related. I’ll make sure my developers get some copies!
That’s all for this week. I hope you enjoy what I did put together. If you have ideas for what to cover, please comment on this post or ping me.
comments powered by Disqus