Throughout the week, I read a lot of blog-posts, articles, and so forth that has to do with things that interest me:
- AI/data science
- data in general
- data architecture
- distributed computing
- SQL Server
- transactions (both db as well as non db)
- and other “stuff”
This blog-post is the “roundup” of the things that have been most interesting to me for the week just ending.
- Optimal Feature Discovery: Better, Leaner Machine Learning Models Through Information Theory. This post talks about an approach at Uber called Optimal Feature Discovery. It searches for the most compact set of features out of all available at Uber for a given model, both boosting accuracy and reducing feature count at the same time.
- Why a Serverless Data API Might be Your Next Database. This InfoQ article discusses database as a service (DBaaS) and serverless data API for cloud-based data management.
- EDA implementation — Integration scenarios. The post linked to is a follow up to Applying Event-Driven Architecture in Digital Transformation Projects, which discussed a generic architecture for event-driven architecture (EDA) based systems. This post explores implementation approaches for such event-driven systems by focusing on specific products and their interactions.
- Streaming ETL with Confluent: Routing and Fan-Out of Apache Kafka Messages with ksqlDB. This post looks at how we can use ksqlDB for message routing. I quite liked the post, and I will definitely see if we can implement some of this at Derivco.
That’s all for this week. I hope you enjoy what I did put together. Please comment on this post or ping me if you have ideas for what to cover.
comments powered by Disqus